Monday, March 15, 2010

Womb dancing

Last night I woke up at 2am and tossed and turned half asleep for about a half an hour until I realized I had to pee as usual. When I got back in bed I laid down and closed my eyes. Normal non-pregnant Jen would have fallen back asleep immediately and that would have been the end of it. But pregnant Jen's mind can't turn off. I started allowing myself permission to just call in late to work thinking that would ease the anxiety so I wouldn't worry about the alarm clock. But last night my brain was extra screwy because we changed our clocks this weekend. I don't know why that would matter at 2am but it did. It just did. So anyway I finally started to doze off and this child inside decided it was time to dance. I swear if I turned the light on you would have seen my stomach moving from the outside. She was kicking that hard!!! And fast too!! She was clearly trying to keep me awake. I wish Tom had been awake to feel it. It was the most ridiculous display of kicking this kid has ever done. And she never does this during the day. Only at night when I'm exhausted and trying to sleep. She better think twice about sticking to that schedule outside of the womb. Mama needs sleep.




Tom is the only other person that has felt her kick. She mostly kicks before bed or in the middle of the night when I'm trying to sleep.....mostly. But today proved to me that this kiddo has got a new agenda. She was banging around in there like a mosh pit at a death metal concert or maybe more like a sassy girl dance troop. This kid hasn't slept a wink all day. I'm positive all she has done is wiggle and kick since last night. I'm not really sure how it works but maybe she's involuntarily kicking even while she's sleeping. Is that possible? When I can get someone else to feel this aspiring dancer move her fancy feet I'll let you know. But for now she's a secret dancer that only kicks for her Daddy and Mama. That's our little girl!

Honestly Pregnant,
Jen

No comments: