Sunday, March 14, 2010

Baby shopping

This weekend was big for shopping for baby stuff.  My sister was in town so we went to the outlet mall. It rained the whole day which made me extremely gloomy.  It was hard to enjoy a day in the rain. With so much winter weather this season i can't enjoy my days anymore unless it's sunny.  I swear i need at least a week of sun to get over this funk.  So anyway i bought some much needed bras at the gap 50% off!! i got myself a dress at old navy and some tank tops.  I love a pregnant belly in a dress.  It just screams womanly to me.  My favorite part of the day was trying to buy underwear and having the ever hilarious Hanes store clerk tell me, "Never buy maternity underwear.  You know when you've hit an all time low when your underwear touches your bra". Ladies, after working at a maternity store years ago, i can officially speak for the pregnant women and say more than an average amount of women highly advise against maternity underwear.  Just dont do it!!

The outlet we went to has an overwhelming number of baby stores.  I fell in love with the Carter's outlet. Everything in that store is beyond adorable. Here are the outfits i bought:

I finally broke down and bought non-pink clothes.  I have bought nothing but pink since the moment i found out it was a girl. I just want her to be as girly as possible.  I think if she became a tomboy i would cry. 

We also went to ikea and bought a dresser, changing table and shadow box picture frames. I'm going to frame her first hat and socks in the frame and hang them on her wall.  I want to savor everything thats hers forever and ever. 

Jen



1 comment:

Penny in Pink said...

Hi, I'm a stranger (I found your blog through BabyCenter), but I'm due with my first baby, also a girl, in June, too!

I love the outfits that you bought, and I'm totally doing the pink thing, too (see my blog pennyinpink.blogspot.com). Have you ever looked on eBay for baby clothes? I bought a lot of 60 pieces of gently used clothes like Carter's for under $60.00! I also splurge occasionally on brand new stuff because, let's face it, it's just too fun to shop for our little ones!

Congratulations on becoming a mommy, and good luck!