Friday, March 19, 2010

My Journey

I wanted to make something clear because it seems there is at least one anonymous person out there who  thinks I am writing this blog to imply that I am going through a harder pregnancy than everyone else has. I have not stated anywhere in this blog that I am in more pain than anyone else and I certainly DO consider myself lucky to not have some of the complications that I have seen others go through. Without a doubt, my heart goes out to those women and I wish you health and wellness in your pregnancy and post pregnancy life. Those women are my inspiration and I look up to them and I try to soak in every bit of knowledge they have to offer me. One thing I have realized throughout this journey is that women feel the need to bring other women down for reasons I will never understand. I don't have a strong relationship with my mother and I do not live near any of my family members so I cherish the support you fellow blog readers & writers have for me as well as for others. Sometimes I feel like this blog outlet is all I have. It's very lonely. And that was my purpose of this blog. To share my experience with others in the hopes that it will help strengthen those who read it to know that they are not alone either. It is not a blog to claim that I am the only one who feels pain or anxiety (which I am clinically diagnosed with by medical professionals and it is not in my head or a self diagnosis). And it is not a blog to claim that I will reject my daughter if she chooses not to wear pink. I look forward to seeing her grow and make decisions for herself. I hope she lives a bigger life than I could ever dream for her. And I hope she is independent in her choices. I would never force her to be someone she is not. After all, she is my blood and will love her more than I ever loved anything in this world. I don't think decorating her room in gender neutral colors or decorating it all in pink will have any effect whatsoever on her development. I am her mother and I get to make these decisions not anyone else. It's hateful to assume that I would be a terrible mother for the things I have written online. I would never put down anyones parenting skills or opinions. I may disagree with your choices but I would never tell you that your choices are incorrect. We all have our own intuition and it differs from person to person. To whoever it is out there that clearly reads my blog just to go looking for someone to tear down to make themselves feel better: I wish you nothing but the best and hope you understand your words and actions to others are hurtful and I hope for your sake that no one comes down on you as hard as you have come down on me.


Honestly Pregnant,
Jen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl, if you want pink have pink, if you want green, have green, whats wrong with the color stuff???? People pick things apart to find something to complain about, and, WHY??? I'm happy for you and can't wait to meet the sweet little girl! Love ya, Mary B.

Anonymous said...

Jen, I love reading your blogs and I'm not even pregnant! My friends are all getting married and starting families and I am terrified of the whole birthing process. I like to know what to eventually expect in the baby/pregnancy world! Everyone has their own opinions and we may not agree on everything but one thing I know for sure is that you and Tom are going to be AWESOME parents!! You are a smart woman and have been educating yourself since day 1. You have friends and family that love and support you! I absolutely LOVE the cupcake theme, the quilt you made is adorable, and the pink paint is going to be so so cute!! Don't worry about what other people think-- you are a strong, and even stronger for putting whoever this anonymous reader is in their place.

I admire you Jen!

Love, Destiny