Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Exploding belly

Now that my belly clearly shows that I am a pregnant woman and I can wear maternity pants, I would like to say that it feels really great not to try to look thin. Generally my non-pregnant self always tries to stand up straight and suck in my tummy and keep my shoulders back. Good posture is important to me. But it feels really liberating to bare my tummy and the best part is that people have told me it's cute. I would hate to be one of those woman that get told "oh my god your so big!" But I'm sure that will be me in 3 months anyway. And while we're on that subject of big bellies, please don't say to me or any pregnant woman that she looks like she's "going to pop". It sends visions of an exploding belly with baby parts, my guts and maybe some confetti bursting out in a giant bloody mess. And if it doesn't send you that particular vision, I would honestly like to know what vision you have of a pregnant woman "popping"? Seriously let me know.




Tomorrow I turn 26 weeks. The countdown continues at 14 weeks left to incubate. Lauren continues to favor kicking the right side of my belly which is fine. It works out well for Tom because I have to lay on my left side on the left side of the bed so that leaves my right side facing up so he can put his hand there and feel her clumsy bumps. Tom was off of work today so he was still in bed when my alarm went off. I pressed snooze and layed back down and Tom snuggled up to me and put his arm around me. He must've thought I was asleep and he felt her kick with his forearm so he stuck his hand under my shirt on my belly to feel her kick. It was quite possibly the sweetest thing a man has ever done in the history of all men. I'm so lucky to have him. He's going to be the worlds most amazing Dad on the planet. Especially because he went to Lowe's today and bought his daughter's pink room paint. I can't explain how freakishly in love with him I am. Lauren is going to love her daddy so much. I'll have to fight her for him.





So I wanted to ask a question. What is a good nickname for Lauren? The only thing I thought of so far is Elle or L but I'm not sure I will actually call her that as a baby. It sounds like a teenager name. Please gimmie all your thoughts. I appreciate your feedback.

Honestly,
Jen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep thinking "Rennie"! -Destiny :)

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about her nickname! It's hard when the name doesn't end with "e" or "y", like we call Grace--Gracie, but don't really have a nickname for Aidan. We'll have to see what her personality is...
Love,
Jenny

Anonymous said...

I think Elly would be cute... I have a Sarah and it was hard to give her a nickname, but Anne became Annie and David became Davey. Now that they are 19,17 & 15 there are plenty of names that their friends have given them. Good luck. What a blessing!

Jennifer Pushic said...

I'll probably call her Elle or Lola