Monday, March 1, 2010

Dance, Dance Revolution

I was innocently trying to fall asleep last night when Lauren decided it was time to play Dance, Dance Revolution in my belly. I'm pretty sure she was competing for a very prestigious competition or maybe just her own personal record but she sure deserved first place with all that fancy foot work. It was quite an effort. She left me exhausted just experiencing her performing all that rhythmic stepping.

After the show was over and I was finally able to fall asleep, I swear, my alarm went off immediately. I hate that damn alarm with all my blood, sweat and tears. It ruins my morning every time. I don't think I can ever have a functional relationship with my alarm. I hate her and she hates me. Yes, her. She's spiteful and manipulative and sneaks up on me. She thinks all of this is quite hilarious of course. Damn you alarm bitch!

Tomorrow is my next doctors appt. It's the one I'm dreading. The famous glucose test prescription will be written and I will cry. I've already done one glucose test because my sugar was high last year at my routine physical when I was with pregnancy #1 so they made me do it early with pregnancy #2. I was a good witch and I fasted like I was told to. I was absolutely dying of hunger that day. I couldn't sleep the night before. I was so sick that morning and they made me chug this high fructose artificially flavored lemon-lime flat gross puke of a drink in 10 mins. Then I went and saw my miracle baby for the first time in her first ultrasound. It was so beautiful, like crazy beautiful. Then I returned an hour later for my blood draw. She took at least 6 vials of blood and I cried. Then as I put my sweatshirt back on I mentioned how I was off to eat as much as I could because I was slowly dying from fasting. The nurse looks at me and says with a dead stare "you know this wasn't a fasting test, right?". She's a bitch just like my alarm clock.

So I don't have a happy relationship with this glucose test and now you know why. And since I just bought 4 packages of easter candy to eat and cherish all by myself I better not have high sugar because I won't be able to eat it. But at least this time I'm not going through morning sickness because throwing up lemon-lime syrup in the burger king parking lot after that test was not exactly a warm fuzzy memorable moment.

Mama Jen

No comments: