Monday, February 1, 2010

Priceless Peeing Possibilities

I am under the impression that stretch marks are hereditary, therefore they are impossible to prevent. However, that is not going to stop me from desperately trying everything in my power to stop stretch marks in their tracks!! I already have stretch marks from a growth spurt in high school on my boobs and tiny ones on my thighs. I was using bath and body works body butter because I needed something quick and I was at the mall. That was back when I was extremely sick from morning (all-day) sickness and I wasn't thinking clearly about what I was putting into my body. That is very unlike me. You know what I mean if you know me well. So after I ran out of body butter, a friend bought me burt's bees mama bee belly balm which is loaded with fantastic moisturizers like olive oil, bees wax, pumpkin seed oil and soy bean oil. It doesn't have any parabens or icky stuff like that. I liked it so much I bought 2 more of them. But I then read that the secret to helping stretch marks (not eliminating) is vitamin E. So I bought burt's bee mama bee nourishing body oil. It has almond oil, lemon peel oil, rosemary, soy bean oil, canola oil and vitamin E. I started putting the body oil on as layer 1 and then the belly balm as layer 2 at night. And then after a shower in the mornings I am going to use just the oil. The belly balm is too thick to walk around during the day in. So that's my skin ritual. I'll let you know how it works out.




My wish came true that I wanted Tom to feel Lauren kick. Last night we were sitting on the couch and she was bopping around in there and I said "I wish you could feel her from the outside". I said "you can try it but I don't think it's strong enough yet" so Tom put his hand on my belly and waited. It was like she knew his hand was there. She was like POW! And the look on Tom's face was priceless. She kicked 2 more times for him after that. He seemed so proud. I'm glad he was the first person that felt her (besides me or course). It was pretty amazing. For the rest of the night she kicked around like the tiny little soccer player/dancer I hope she becomes, although it's up to her. She can be whatever she wants to be....as long as I can afford it. :-)



Today I was hit with a revelation. Because of my sciatica I stopped walking for exercise, but my trips to the bathroom have been increasing every week so do I really need to walk for exercise? At 1230 I made a mental note that I have walked back and forth to the bathroom 7 times already and it's not a short walk. And that silly book "what to expect when you're expecting" promised me that I would have relief in the second trimester from the bathroom. Is 7 times to the bathroom in 6 hours really considered relief? All you mama's out there might be thinking "this is only the beginning, Jen" but I am tired of walking!!! If only I could trade my office chair for a toilet.... Hmm that's an interesting idea. Sure I'd have to be pantless all day but think of the priceless peeing possibilities!!!

Honestly,
Jen

No comments: