Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Daddy Stalker

I'm not sure I can put into words how much I melt when I see a daddy and his little child together. It is probably the most attractive I have ever found a man. I want to hop into his life and squeeze him until he bleeds. I love every single kissy, cuddly, bff bonding moment. I tend to start unconsciously stalking men with their children in grocery stores, malls, the park. I'm not sly about it either. I coo and ooohh and ahhhh as I follow them with a force so strong I can't take my eyes away. And I'm not talking about lame-o dads who walk ignorantly next to their wife as she pushes a stroller or carries the crying kid all by herself while trying to quiet the little monster. I'm talking about the ones who are out alone with their kid and they are cuddling and giggling and playing games and holding hands. The daddies that are totally focused on their lil munchkins like it's just the two of them in this whole wide world. These daddies are my obsession. I can't wait to see how Tom reacts to this baby. He was really scared at first even though we were both totally ready. It's just a big step. It's a lot to process and he's the baby in the family so he's never really been around kids, let alone babies. Then slowly I would ask him stuff about names and furniture and how we're going to raise her and he kinda shrugged me off. I think he didn't want to try to answer because he didn't know what type of answer to give. This is totally brand new to him. But then over time he has opened up to be really excited about cribs and paint and bpa free plastic. It's heaven! I just can't wait for the moment he holds our daughter. I can't imagine if seeing a daddy out at the mall makes my heart beat faster, seeing my husband hold our own child must be a hundredfold. It's the biggest moment I look forward to right now. I can't tell you how wonderfully sexy he will be in that moment. And to be honest, I think I'm underestimating just how powerful it will be.




Truly honest,

Jen

No comments: