Sunday, February 28, 2010

Food and Paint and Fatherhood

I'd like a manual please to tell me how on earth to eat more food. It is one of the most difficult things I've had to endure on this planet. I'm never ever hungry except at 3am which carries over to 630am when I actually do get out of bed at which point I don't have time to eat because I am getting ready for work and I don't allow myself to get out of bed until it's absolutely necessary and I don't find eating to be any more important than sleeping at that moment in time. Priorities!!! So I don't actually put food in my mouth until about 845 and at that point it is usually half a starbucks cinnamon roll and a small hazelnut latte. I eat that between calls as I am a phone rep for an insurance company which is enough to make you lose your appetite altogether. Since I am sneaking bites in between calls it takes me about an hour to eat half a cinnamon roll and in that hours time I am suddenly fuller than I've ever felt before. So I know that was NOT enough food for a growing baby but how can I force feed myself? Forcing myself to eat will certainly end in vomit. I promise you. So I weigh the bad with the good. I figure that I can keep the calories I just ate or shove down more and then throw them all up, leaving me with no calories at all. I've never been a person who has felt the need to clear my plate or eat food simply because it tastes good or because it's sitting in front of me. I have always ate painfully slow and stopped when I was full and no amount of guilty food wasting thought could ever get me to finish my plate if my mind told me I was full. So people have suggested I eat snacks throughout the day. And while that makes sense I don't think people realize that I talk all day. Literally, my mouth is constantly moving. I have excruciatingly painful TMJ (jaw joint disorder) from all the talking. I am working and I can't eat and talk at the same time. So I try to sneak in fruits and granola here and there while the complainers are on mute but it's seriously difficult. It's especially difficult when I'm not hungry. I'm just not a snacker!! I don't eat when I don't feel hunger!! Uggghh!! Can't I just take a pill that adds calories or something?




But in all seriousness, I see my belly getting very big so it's impossible in my mind that I haven't gained any weight. I'm still wearing my pre pregnancy clothes. The only changes I've made is unbuttoning my pants and I bought a whole bunch of Gap Body essential basic bras in XL. The bras were meant for sleeping in when my boobs were so sore I couldn't even pretend to touch them but I ended up sort of living in them. They're nice because they aren't restricting like sports bras. They're really soft and free yet they have moderate support. I highly recommend them and I'm sure I'll continue wearing them for as long as Gap continues to make them. Thank you Gap.



Yesterday Tom and I bought some paint supplies and some new closet doors for Laurens room. We picked out a bright pink cute girly color paint. It melts my heart that Tom was searching all through the paint colors for that perfect pink for his daughter. We decided on Harmonious Rose which is featured above.  He's very into all the pink and I find that so sexily adorable. He's going to be the best Daddy ever made. Especially because last night he gave me this long speech about how he can't stand all the people who have babies and complain about not being able to sleep or go out or being stressed out. He says obviously this is going to be an extremely hard marathon. He says he feels the baby will pick up on your stress and it will cause her to be fussier and have sleep problems and cry more. I assume he isn't talking about the occasional whining mom.  Well at least i hope not because I'm sure i will be the first one to complain.  He is talking about the parents who act shocked that they didn't know it would be THIS MUCH WORK. I had to do a double take! Did my wonderful husband just say all those amazingly beautiful words of fatherhood to me? I couldn't help but have the best nights sleep of my life last night next to the most fantastic man in the world.

I love you babe.



Honestly,
Jen

No comments: