Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

For mothers day I wanted to do a little bit of reflection at the road I have taken to become a mother. My husband and I decided we would try for a baby in August 2008, which was exactly a year after we got married. I wanted to go to the doctor first to get checked out because I thought that's what you were supposed to do. Turns out no one actually does that and I was treated like a total weirdo (thanks). So in september 2008 our baby making journey began. Because of that, when I say pregnancy feels like eternity, it might be because for me, this has started 19 months ago. And of course I was taking pregnancy tests every month so I knew right away that I was pregnant. I know so many women who didn't know they were pregnant until 3 or more months into it. They weren't planning it so they weren't expecting it. Therefore they were already as far as the 2nd trimester when they started prenatal treatment so time flew by for them. That truly blows my mind! I knew I was pregnant 4 days before a test told me so and I had been on prenatal vitamins already for a year before finding out.




In the time that I have been pregnant I've discovered a lot about myself and my husband. I found that we both wanted kids much more than we thought we did. I learned just how deep my love can go for an unborn fetus that I have never laid eyes on. I realized how strongly my husband loves me and how he would jump in front of an angry heard of elephants to protect his wife and daughter. The two of us often spend large amounts of time discussing how much we've been through. We've grown incredibly close over our ten year relationship. This man is my best friend. He knows me better than anyone on this earth. And he respects me as his equal in life. I couldn't have picked a better man to raise my children with. Even though I am growing the baby inside me, he still has the wonderful ability to connect to her. I find him sometimes in her bedroom admiring all the work we've done to get ready for her. He has taken so much time for her to make sure everything is perfect. I can't imagine a better Dad for my little girl. And I've never been so in love with him as I have been during this time of my life. So on my first mother's day as a mom-to-be, I want to thank my amazing husband for all his support and love he provided so far throughout my pregnancy. After all, without him, I would not be a mom.

I love you, Tom.

Honestly Pregnant,
Jen


No comments: