Saturday, May 1, 2010

Creating human life is expensive

Today it dawned on me that I had been recklessly buying baby clothes with no concept of when she would actually wear these clothes according to mother nature. So now as I ponder the inside of her closet, I can visualize all the summer dresses in size 6 months when it will be DECEMBER! How could I not have thought about the seasonal aspect of her wardrobe? What is the matter with me? I give myself permission to own 0-3 month summer clothes but not 3-6 month sizes. Good thing I kept the tags and receipts. But it will be a little heartbreaking for her to not get to wear some of the more adorable pink things I bought her.

As I think about all the different sizes my sweetheart will be, I'm also realizing that all of my thoughts of Lauren alive and in my arms are of her as a 2-3 year old. I don't really know what to do with a baby. Of course I can picture her as a tiny newborn screaming her head off and terrorizing my nipples. But the moments that make me smile are when I see my future daughter walking and talking and laughing. I especially love the thought of Tom walking hand in hand with her which will most defiantly cause me to die of happiness. I haven't had much faith that a tiny newborn would bring me that much happiness. I mean she just lays there and screams and poops right? I would love to say it sounds boring but instead it sounds extra stressful. Boring would be a blessing. Although, in the end, I know when I see her, all I will want to do is devote my life to her in any way possible. I guess it'll all make sense when she arrives.
Wednesday my missing crib hardware arrived in the mail. Tom was off as usual so he sprung into action and put the crib together. It looks amazing doesn't it? It was originally a very very dark wood which was perfect for a baby boy. I almost didn't accept the crib because of it's color. But my vision of Lauren's room has always included white furniture with pink everywhere possible. The crib was given to us by people that had boys so I understand why they chose it but that color just didn't work for me. I had tom paint it white and it looks amazing.  Now it fits into her petite white and pink themed room. The only problem is that it doesn't have the drop down sides so it's hard for me to reach into.  Tom thinks it's because my belly is in the way and the mattress isn't in it yet but I still believe it's hard to reach into.  The top of the railing comes to my chest because I'm such a shorty. I guess we'll just have to wait until we get the mattress and see. 



There's still some necessary items I need to get to complete the room:

Crib Mattress
Rocking chair cushion
Changing pad
Curtains
Cupcake wall art
Hamper/ laundry basket
Garbage pail
Diapers


I need to start focusing on getting these items as soon as possible because if she dares to come early, I am not ready. I will start my shopping this weekend. Wow, creating human life is expensive!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the crib looks great!!! :) destiny