Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Countdown.... 29 days

The countdown to my due date is finally below the 30 day mark. 29 days to be exact. I still think that's a pretty friggin long time but like I've said before, all the people around me who mean well think this is magnificent!! "Wow you're at the home stretch!". Yeah I suppose I am. They are right. But I still have to waddle around on the brink of peeing my pants for 29 more days so they are clearly delusioned. But again, they mean well. Thanks again for meaning well. I'll be sure to mean well the next time you are uncomfortable and irritable for 253 straight days. 

My belly has dropped. I thought maybe it had dropped a few days ago but I didnt know for sure. I started feeling a lot of pressure real low like the baby was pressing down. I also noticed far less heartburn and a hell of alot more frequent peeing.  Like all the time peeing. Like crazy amounts of toilet paper usage peeing. Like stopped flushing with each pee in order to conserve water so our town doesnt dry up peeing. I didnt really notice it by looking in the mirror but a co-worker mentioned how I look as if my belly has dropped and I was all..... "I feel like it has dropped!" Tom even noticed how I've rounded out more. So I don't really know what this all means exactly.  According to the bible... ummm.... I mean "what to expect when you're expecting" you can drop 4 weeks before you actually have the baby so I don't really think this is an indication of anything happening anytime soon. But I sure can breathe better, which is helping me sleep better, which I didn't think was possible. I still have the worst sinus congestion I have ever suffered in my life. But it's not a runny or stuffy nose so I don't really know what to do about it. So I just suffer with swollen sinuses hoping to make it through another night. But one thing that has helped me tremendiously is my increase in caffiene.  I didn't realize how much caffiene was safe so I was barely drinking any at all through this whole pregnancy. Now I am drinking some coke throughout the day and I actually haven't fallen face first into my keyboard in the middle of the day which is a plus.  I am taking the benefit over the risk at this point.

I need it to survive.

No comments: