Monday, May 3, 2010

Accomplished

This weekend was one of the most tiring weekends of my life. Tom and I went shopping for baby stuff on saturday for about 5 hours straight. My feet were hurting so bad by the end that I was positive they would shrivel up and fall off. On top of returning a couple of things, we got a crib mattress, changing table pad, curtains, wall hooks, a crib dust ruffle, another diaper bag and some other odds and ends we needed and forgot about until they were in front of our face at the store. Then after getting home at an exhaust level of 9 out of 10, I proceeded to wash everything cloth the room. I think I did 15 loads of laundry this weekend. Then I put everything away and organized her room, including sorting all her clothes by size and packing her diaper bag for the hospital. It was quite a long day but I'm glad I got it all done.


Sunday I pretty much didn't move at all except to eat and pee and go to the store to buy nacho cheese sauce. At the end of the evening I got a call from my sister telling me that my cousins husband had overdosed and died earlier that day. He had just gotten out of 6 months in rehab about a month ago. He was only 28 with 3 little kids. My heart aches for her and those sweet little boys of hers. I look at Tom and can't imagine going on without him alone, let alone with our children as a single mom. I'm not sure how anyone can get through losing their husband.  It was hard for me to fall asleep last night while thinking about it. What if he just stopped being here on this earth with me? But I have to put that out of my mind to provide my child with positive energy to maintain her health.


I'm in my 33rd week now. My heartburn has turned into partial vomiting. I'm not sure if that is considered acid reflux. I'll ask on wednesday at my next appointment. It's very painful and makes me choke and cough. Hopefully all the heartburn and liquid acid burping will go away immediately after birth. I'm not really down with this lingering any longer than that. I also won't miss the constant hiccuping, especially when she is pressing really low on my cervix. It isn't cute, it's annoying.

Honestly, Jen

No comments: