Monday, April 5, 2010

Holy Belly!

It seems I may have gained some weight over the Easter weekend. With three days off from work and enough food to feed....umm well a pregnant woman, I seemed to have overindulged a bit and eaten more than my pregnancy sized share of food. I can't remember it all very vividly, it's all a blue of tasty goodness.  I vaguely remember ham being there, and cheesecake that i made myself thank you. There were crab legs and macaroni and cake and rice crispy treats and all the easter candy I could eat. I weighed myself at my in-laws yesterday since i don't own a scale and it said i gained 6 pounds since my last doctors appointment which was 2 weeks ago.  I'm assuming thats a little off but we won't know for sure until 2 more weeks when i have my next appointment. 

I spent some of the weekend watching an mtv marathon of "16 and pregnant". I generally don't watch pregnancy shows and I specifically do not watch mtv, but there is something about that show that absolutely captivates me in some kind of trance and I find myself obsessed with these tiny young girls taking on parenthood at an age where I still hadn't even considered the thought of letting go of my virginity. These girls are absolutely sure they want these children and that they are adult enough to care for them.  I highly admire them yet at the same time I'm no fool, I do happen to notice their lack of income, apartment, high school diploma, driver's license, and most of the time their lack of relationship with their imature baby daddy.  All of which is more and more of what fascinates me about this show.  They manage to do the mom thing despite all of these obstacles. I grieve for the loss of their childhood and yet I am just floored at what these young women are able to accomplish in their fragile 16 year old state. Most of them keep their friends close, stay in school, go through labor like a champ, bring baby home, find daycare or sitters, stay in school, and some of them even get a job.  Keep up with the positive life kiddos!

After all the holiday time i spent eating and sleeping, I gritted my teeth, literally, and came back to work today and was greeted by my co-worker with a "Holy Belly!" Ok...ok... i know it's gotten bigger but please....come on.  It didnt become holy in one weekend.  When this belly raises from the dead I'll let you know.  And thanks to all my work buddies for pointing out just how terribly big I have become in 3 short days. 

Honestly Pregnant,
Jen

1 comment:

Karen said...

I said the same thing when I saw the picture. You've gotten so much bigger, but in an awesomely cute way. I love it!! Love you sister!!!!