Friday, April 2, 2010

Don't they torture POWs with insomnia?

A woman came up to me today at work by the elevators. I have never met this woman before in my life. She said "oh you're having a girl!". Ummm....how the hell do you know, lady? So she goes on to tell me she has a gift and has never been wrong and she can just tell. That's creepy. I know she's got a 50/50 chance so those odds aren't bad, but immediately after I confirmed the vagina on my unborn child I thought, damn I should have said "nope, you're wrong". Next time I'll have to start throwing people off. Better yet I should start telling people I'm not pregnant and act really offended. I already told the midwife at my doctors office that Tom wasn't the father when she called him "Dad". We laughed it out pretty hard and she said that's a mistake she's made for real several times. Poor woman. Us pregnant women have to get our fun in somewhere since this whole thing isn't exactly a beach vacation. Speaking of which I must attend a nice beach vacation as soon as possible to celebrate not having to share my body anymore. I'm not sure how much longer I can put up with the constant squirming up against my organs. 11 weeks is a lifetime for a worm or buglike creature. I just want her out and in my arms where she will proceed to torment me in ways I never knew were possible. Don't they torture POWs with insomnia? Maybe not.  They should just give them newborn babies to take care of if they really want to give them some serious torture.

Today was pretty productive.  My nesting instinct is kicking in full force and i spend most of my waking hours getting things ready for her and cleaning every spect of dust in my house. I had to force myself to sit down and take a break and eat.  It's such a strong instinct that i truly didnt expect it to be this way.  But i'm going to go with it for now.  Especially because my house is so clean!
Honestly,
Jen

1 comment:

PinkChica said...

I've had two complete strangers tell me "you're having a boy!" without even asking if I was pregnant, or posing it as a question. I know I'm carrying low and out front which is supposedly typical of boys, but these people were just so sure. You're right, it would have been fun to throw them off and tell them they were wrong. :D