Saturday, January 30, 2010

Pretty soon, I'm gonna weigh a million pounds

Here at 20 weeks I finally have my appetite back. I think it's my body's way of telling me to start gaining weight since I haven't gained any. I haven't had any pregnancy cravings at all. I was wondering If that was even true that women wanted food so bad at 3am that they'd make their other half run out and get it NOW! I have heard the stories of cravings but we'll see if it actually happens to me. I more or less just feel intense hunger that I can't get to food fast enough and when I get it, I can't get it in my mouth fast enough and I can't stop eating once I start. It's an odd strange feeling. Pretty soon I'm gonna weigh a million pounds if I keep it up.

A girl went into labor at work yesterday. She seemed so calm about it. But maybe she was just shocked. She was only 35 weeks and she had a c-section scheduled for 37 weeks so I wonder how this will turn out. I'll have to wait until monday to find out. That's something that worries me about my previa. I can't go into labor because I could bleed out and die. My doctor seemed confident that my previa should definitely resolve itself. But the tech at the ultrasound office said that's not always the case.

Last night I had the hardest time trying to sleep. I slept so well this whole pregnancy until the last couple of days. It seems that I can't get a comfortable position unless I'm laying on my back. And I know I'm not supposed to lay on my back so I try to lay on my side and I hate it more than anything. I tried putting a pillow behind my back to keep me from rolling over but either it falls off the bed or my husband steals it in his sleep depending which side I lay on. I'm also starting to have really vivid dreams. It's scary to think that the first few months might have been the only time in my life I will ever have peaceful sleep. I'm generally an insomniac. I have been my whole life. I was loving the way I slept and now it's being taken away. Crap crap crap!!

Well today is a big day for me and my husband. It's registry day. I'm going to head to Target and Babies R Us and get this thing started. I have no clue what I'm doing but I have an idea list which I will include the dimensions of the rooms windows and walls so I can get the right stuff. My shower won't be until April but I want to take my time and gradually add things as I go. Maybe I'll get some more bras. I think I'm up to a D by now. Yikes!!!

Jen

No comments: