Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Green Baby


I plan to raise my child as healthy and organically as I can. I believe it is very important to eat a proper diet without all that gunk that makes our food shinier, bigger, brighter, prettier or grow faster. I also plan to keep away all bad plastic from my little one that I possibly can. I understand she will end up with unhealthy foods and plastics in school, friends houses and so on but I plan to limit this to the best of my ability so that I know I did the best I could. The big concerns I have are high fructose corn syrup, pesticides, metals, and hormones in dairy and plastic. I'm always looking for new brands and generic alternatives to organic foods and body products. Any extra suggestions on websites, mommy tips and helpful hints are appreciated. My little girl will appreciate it too. I'm currently reading
Dr. Sears' Happy Baby: The Organic Guide to Baby's First 24 Months. The book assumes that I've already given birth so a lot of the information is for further in the future. But this Friday I will be buying Dr Sears' Vaccine Book so I can learn how not to play russian roulette with my baby's tiny life. I won't debate vaccines here because I want more information first. I would also recommend You: Having A Baby by Dr Oz. It was a nice reference type book to flip open on specific subjects for graphs and charts and drawings. What To Expect When You're Expecting is also a good reference book to see what is going on inside week by week. It also tells you what kind of symptoms to expect month by month. It's nice to keep bookmarked on your month and read it at the beginning of each week. But it's not very detailed information on your own body. It tells you a symptom but doesn't explain why or how to remedy the pain. Dr Oz was very good at explaining all that stuff. I wish I could catch Dr Oz in a jar with a holey lid, a stick and a leaf and keep him forever as my little "information station in a jar".

So far the past few weeks have been a horrible pain in the ass, literally. Oh the "joys" of pregnancy sciatic nerve pain. The fact that the doctor looked me right in the eye and said, "the only cure for you is to give birth" with the most serious face you ever saw just really breaks my heart. Good thing I love this little mango inside me with every breath I take or else she'd be right in the naughty corner the second she pops out for all this pain she's causing. Luckily, today I had a break from the pain. It randomly went away and I hope it stays that way. Word on the preggo street is that it will continue to come and go. Another thing happening that doesn't seem to benefit me or baby is acne. Yup, I FEEL like all those kids LOOKED back in school. I never had the pleasure of a chronically zity face, thank goodness. But I'm getting payback for it now. The terrible part is that I can't use any zit cream or spot treatment. I guess I have to suffer being both fat and filled with pimply bumps... thanks nature.


Honestly Pregnant,
Jen

1 comment:

Karen Erickson said...

I've never tried any of these, but they all using everyday stuff so it won't hurt to try them. Hope this helps!!

Home remedy for pimples using orange peel homemade zit treatment using orange peel has been found very effective. Pound the orange peel with water on a piece stone and apply to acne affected areas.

A simple remedy at home for acne: Lemon juice applied regularly has proved very beneficial in reducing zits and acne.

Garlic has been used successfully to cure acne. rub with raw garlic several times a day. Garlic is known to have cured the toughest of acne problem. The external use of garlic helps to clear the skin of spots, pimples and boils. Acne can further be cured by eating three seeds of raw garlic once daily for a month. This purifies the blood stream and ensures basic cleansing of blood keeping acne away.

Zit treatment using coriander and mint juice A teaspoon of coriander juice, mixed with a pinch of turmeric powder, is another effective home remedy for pimples and blackheads. The mixture should be applied to the face after thoroughly washing it every night before retiring. Mint juice can be used in a similar manner as coriander juice.

Pimple treatment using ccumber. Grated cucumber applied over the face, eyes, and neck for fifteen to twenty minutes has been found effective. It is the best tonic for the skin of the face. Its regular use prevents pimples and blackheads.